Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Italian Fashion since 1945



Hey fashionistas! I went to Portland's Art Museum yesterday and it was spectacular!! They had a special gallery for Italian Style fashion since 1945.
Sadly I couldn't take pictures of the fashion there. :( it was against the rules. They allowed me to take some photos though :) 
I took lots of notes so I could go home and research it :) I was so inspired that I went to my local bookstore to look for fashion books :) what I found was a book based on the gallery I saw yesterday! Italian style: fashion since 1945! The book was $60.00 and out of my budget at the time but if you can't see it in a gallery and are really interested you should buy the book. :) 

The fashions there were marvelous and innovative!
I saw a piece from the Taormina collection by Dolce & Gabbana, Alta Moda. Its eye-catcher was the fact that there was art work on the clothes. It was "painted silk".
I also saw an woman's leather ensemble by: Fausto Puglisi
I saw this jacket specifically 
There was so much more fantastic designs that I will make a Part 2 about the Italian Fashion gallery :) stay tuned for Part 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment